Joseph Royce Young was blessed on July 4, 2010.
4 1/2 weeks old.
Our Family
Proud dad. Lynar gave a great blessing to Joseph. Joseph is a special boy to us and his name really means a lot to us as well. He is named after ancestors and grandparents who are neat people. His first name is after his great grandfather Joseph B. Wirthlin, and his 4th great-grandfather, Joseph Young. Joseph Young comes from his mother's grandmother (Elisa Young Rogers Wirthlin's great grandfather). Joseph Young was Brigham Young's older brother. He was the first President of the Seventy called by Joseph Smith. The LDS Church also goes by his account of Hauns Mill which Joseph witnessed. Since I was pregnant with Joseph we felt there was a special reason this baby was coming to our family at this time. When Lynar and I were doing research on our family history Lynar really felt that his name should be after these great men. His middle name, Royce, is after Lynar's dad. Lynar's dad is also a great man who honored his priesthood. He passed away over 10 years ago and we want his legacy to live on in our family.
Lynar's twin brother blessed his baby girl the same day.
Lynar's niece also had a baby a few months ago and they blessed their baby boy the same day too! How neat that 3 cousins were blessed the same day in different states.
Grandma Gerritsen was able to be there for the blessing! It was a lot of fun having her here.
Brooky and Joseph
Katelyn and Joseph
Lyndee and Joseph
Little Tux guy
I looked at blessing outfits for hours, both in stores and online. When we saw cute little tux's, Lynar said he definitely wanted his little boy in a tux. It was so adorable on him. I took some more pictures that I'll update later. I am still learning to use my camera better. I really don't think that he will fit into it anymore, even though it is a 3 month size....he is in 3-6 month clothes already at 2 months.




5 comments:
Ahhh... that tux is SOOOO cute! Love it. I also like the story of his name. Thanks for sharing!
We blessed baby Heika the same day too, how neat!! How are you handling 4?? Three is a HUGE adjustment for us. Hope you are all well.
Jen, such a touching account of your feelings for you husband and your son. Thank you for sharing. It is a privilege to have these special precious little ones join our family. He surely is a wonderful little addition. So glad that you had your mother there. Lynar, you are a great example of his middle name. Love you all.
Hey there! We made, with very little breakdowns from me. Not an easy task driving 20hrs with three kids under four. I miss you, hope all is well.
I can't believe how big Joseph is! Sorry you have to carry him around.:)
We'll try to call you guys tomorrow or Saturday--things got crazy this afternoon.
I hope Katelyn and Lyndee enjoyed their first day of school!
Post a Comment