Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I will truely miss my Grandad!!!

I love Grandad Wirthlin! My mom called at 12:35 am and when the phone rings at that hour your heart always sinks a little knowing it can't be good. Grandad Wirthlin (Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin as he was known to the rest of the world) has passed away at the age of 91 years old. I don't know many details and will probably not blog any details since he was a very private person (as much as he could be) and I know that the details of his passing should be private to honor him. There is so much that would be fun to share about him, but being anyone can read this I also know that anything can end up in mass emails around the world. I do know that it was sudden and my mom was with him today and he even went to work today (meaning his office).

My heart goes out to my mom tonight. She has helped him and stayed with him many days and nights for the past 2 1/2 years since Grandma passed away.

We were able to make our last minute trip to Utah last week and on Wednesday we stopped by Grandad's home to see him. We brought him his favorite treat, Chocolate! It was so great to be able to see him! He enjoyed holding Brooklyn and we got some precious pictures of him smiling down at her and she smiling at him. We didn't know how long he would be with us, but we didn't think it would be our last visit with him.

I love you Grandad and will miss you so much!

2 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Our thoughts are with you, Young Family! We miss you and love you.

vicki said...

He was such a great and special man. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.