Katelyn turned 4 a couple weeks ago! I can't believe she is already 4! She is growing up so fast and always tells us that she is a big girl now that she is 4. She thinks that she can finally start cleaning with Lyndee and doing extra chores (yeah!). Here is her thrown together barbie cake that we had 5 days after her birthday. It was intended to be for her party, and I was going to do the decorations real cute, so I made the cake 2 days before her party and later that night I got strept throat so I didn't think that it would be a good idea to serve the cake to a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds that I had made when I could've been contagious. I didn't want to get any blame for kids getting sick so I saved the cake for our family later in the week. I ran out of my first batch of frosting, so there is two colors of pink, oh well---it was a learning experience for me.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Katelyn is 4!
Katelyn is really quite smart. She is writing her name (spelled kateyln) and she can write almost all the letters in the alphabet very legibally. She writes or colors at least 1-2 hours a day. She is getting really good at coloring.
Favorite quotes: Background: we were doing our usual drive around on Tuesday afternoon, Katelyn to dance and then Lyndee to piano. Katelyn fell asleep after dance and slept the whole time while Lyndee was at dance and woke up when we got home. Brooklyn was also asleep. When we got home Katelyn said, "We forgot to take Lyndee to piano!" I replied, "No, she went to piano while you and Brooklyn were sleeping in the car....Do you know how quiet the car was during piano?" She replied, "Mom, the car dosen't talk!" I couldn't stop laughing!
Background: It was the day after her 4th birthday. Lynar said, "You were 4 yesturday!" Katelyn said, "I'm 4 today too!"
"Is it tomorrow today?" Katelyn asks this question at least once a day! We just answer yes. We are always telling her that tomorrow we'll do something.
Katelyn loves to pick up Brooklyn (although Brooklyn dosen't like it at all and screams every time). Katelyn has always liked babies and loves to play and hold them.
We love our Katelyn! She is such a joy to have in our family and she always teaches us a lot.
Posted by Jen at 11:01 AM
Labels: Katelyn turns 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATELYN!
Katelyn, you are looking so old!
Katelyn, you have really grown up!!! You are so pretty. You can talk so well now. You are such a sweetheart. You seemed to have always loved letters and to me read to you when I am with you. Hope to see you when you come to UTah. I love you. Four is a wonderful birthday.
Post a Comment