Brooklyn turned one this past week on April Fools Day! We had a fun birthday for her. In this picture it looks like her cake was ruined, well, I learned that frosting doesn't work on jello cake! I thought it would be kind of fun to do a jello cake for April Fools day. Poor girl probably won't ever get a real cake for her birthday! This was her own cake to eat, but she really didn't like the frosting at first. I had to stick some in her mouth before she got the hang of it.

My friend Jessica saved the day on this cake.....or should I say jello
jigglers?? The frosting did the same thing to this one and so she wiped all the frosting off and put on her fabulous
fondant frosting that worked like a charm.

I made some fun food creations (gotta love family fun magazine and the .com version). This red punch wasn't so punchy.....jello again (I went through a lot of jello for
Brooky's party).

These were some other fun creations that I made for her birthday. Hamburgers, sushi, and cupcakes. It was fun when the kids asked if they could have a cupcake before dinner and I let them have one, although it really didn't taste much like frosting when they bit into the top. Mashed potatoes over meatloaf! It turned out really good. The sushi is rice crispy treats wrapped in fruit by the foot with a gummy worm inside. The hamburgers were vanilla wafers with peppermint patties in the center with coconut
lettuce and frosting for ketchup and mustard (which also kept it all together). It was a lot of fun making all this stuff! I love April Fools Day stuff and will have to come up with other things throughout the years for Brooklyn.

This is Brooklyn on her birthday! I had a hard time getting her to stay still for her pictures. She is really a busy body lately. She isn't walking on her own yet, but she'll walk along anything that she can. She has changed her crawling to a monkey crawl, hands and feet. She loves to laugh! She does think it is so funny when we make her walk between mom and dad (which she does every night taking 3-5 steps). She loves to play with her sisters (although screams when Katelyn plays too much). She is eating more now, chunkier food, but still not eating wheat, oats, etc. Only meat and
veggies and fruit. We worry about her food allergies still and hope that someday she'll grow out of them. I haven't taken her to her one year old check-up yet, but she is just under 19 pounds. She is such a good natured baby and so fun! She will just sit in the car seat, stroller or in the cart when shopping (I've never experienced that before with my others). She sleeps from 9 until 5 or 6 in the morning and will go back to sleep until 7:30. She will only take one nap a day (usually in the morning so I stay home in the mornings). Brooklyn will imitate sounds, but her only clear word is still mom! Yeah!
8 comments:
This whole time I thought she was turning 2. I think I am losing it. Happy birthday Brookie.
Happy Birthday, Brooklyn! She is either going to love or hate the April Fools thing by the time she gets to be a teenager. :) The food looks fun and interesting!
That's great Jen! I can see why you had so much fun with this!
Cool food, that's awesome! It looks yummy. Happy Birthday Brooklyn--you're so grown up!!
Happy birthday to Brooklyn! It seems you have so many cakes :)
It turned out Awesome Jen!!! Wish I could have been there. Talk to you soon.
hey! I can't believe that our babies are 1!!! Looks like the party was fun. btw, I did get th PC stuff. thanks!
She looks so grown up!!! She is so precious. What a fun day and fun food. Never have thought to do crazy dinners for April 1. Happy Birthday to a precious little girl.Love ya Brooky.
Post a Comment