The Story of Brooklyn's Birth would not be complete without telling a little about our "April Fools" Baby.
When I found out that my due date was the first week in April I kept saying it would be a lot of fun to have an April Fools Baby. Lynar was not too sure about it. I was even thinking about being started on April 1st until I found out that my doctor would be out of town that day. I told my brother Greg that I was going to play some good pranks that day about having the baby.
Well, the day I started my contractions I was hoping that I would wait until Midnight to have the baby since it was so close to April 1st. I still really wanted an April fools baby. I did call to let my mom know that we were on the way to the hospital, but not to tell anyone since I really wanted to play a couple April Fools jokes on my family the next day. She agreed since my dad is always playing April Fools jokes on everyone and getting us good. He needed to be gotten.
After the baby was born and I was somewhat with it---4-5 pm, I started calling my family. I called my sister Amy first who had a baby girl just 4 weeks earlier by c-section. I told her that I had the baby, then told her April Fools. She didn't know what to think because she said that I sounded tired. We even had the baby make some noises in the phone then to prove that it wasn't April Fools.
It took me a couple hours to continue to call since I was in and out of sleep. I was able to leave phone messages on the rest of my family that I had the baby. When they called back I told them April Fools--or Lynar did and we left it at that. It was great because Lynar also sent out an email telling everyone that "Fooling or Not" we had our baby. THis left a lot of people guessing whether we really did have the baby or if we were just joking. My brothers thought that I had gotten my mom so bad and they thought she was crazy for believing me---including that I had a long labor and a c-section. They thought it was great that I had her fooled so good.
At Midnight, Lynar sent out an email with real pictures proving that we really did have the baby. It was hard to take in for some of my brothers that I really did get them and not my mom. It was a lot of fun and something that we will never forget in my family. Brooklyn will have a lot of fun with her birthday---or we will!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment