Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lyndee and her first 5K!

Sole Sisters are at it again. 1 mile, 5K, and 10K race!  This year on Labor day we had almost 55 of us participate in Run For a Child.  This group is mainly from our church (ward), but has grown to others around us.  This year we added 'Lil' Sole Sisters.  Lyndee joined me for the run on the 5K!  She did awesome (even though we hadn't been running together for about 5-6 weeks).  She had a 4 year old that is Katelyn's friend run by us and really kept us all going.  It was a lot of fun and we plan on doing it again! 
The starting line!  It was so exciting!
Before....After.....Our time was 41.02.  Not bad for having a couple steep long hills!  Lyndee did really good!  Next time we'll work on our time more.  Lyndee is running on the cross country races in our school district.  She has started to run at the school 2 mornings a week at 7:15.  I'm excited to see her run next Tuesday!

3 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Yaaaay! That's awesome. I'm doing my first 5K at the end of October... only I'm walking. :)

vicki said...

That's so great! Sophie is always asking me if she can do that but here the runs are always on a Sunday.

Sylvia said...

What a neat thing for you both to do together. I these are such fun pictures. Love to see you do so good. Keep up the good work!!!!