Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lyndee is in 3rd Grade

Lyndee started the 3rd grade on August 19th.  Her teacher is Mrs. Smith.  She is loving it and keeps reading and reading and reading.  I'm interested to see what level of reading she is now on.  She remembers so much that she reads too.  A lot of the books that she reads are based on true stories and have a lot of history in them.  She loves history! 
2 days before school she got her hair permed.  This picture is a before shot.  Her hair is getting so wavy and long that it looks messy when she brushes it all the time.  I am still learning how to take care of permed hair, so please give me lots of good tips on how to take care of curly hair and how to brush it the right way.  My hair has always been so dang straight and she is getting more and more natural curl to her hair that we've got to learn sooner or later. 

4 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Yaaay, Lyndee! Hope she has a good year. I was so much like her at that age, a major bookworm. As for the curly hair... well, mine is totally straight, too, so I'm not much help.

vicki said...

You can't brush curly hair. Get a wide toothed comb or a pick. A brush will just make it frizzy. Sophie only brushes her hair before she washes it and when it is wet we comb it out with the wide toothed comb and it dries beautifully. Every morning I spritz her hair with water and it dries in curls with no frizz. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Amber said...

Cute pictures. I love her curly hair. You could also try a bit of hair gel (regular or the spray kind) to help control the frizz.

JNOG said...

Lyndee, you are too cute! I'm jealous you have a perm....I want one but am not brave enough to get one! Keep doing good in school, you're very bright!! :) Love ya, Jessica