Sunday, September 13, 2009

What has happened to my children???

I'm not quite sure what has gotten into Lyndee, but she found either a dead rat or a big mouse in our backyard and wanted to bury it behind our house.  Good thing the ground was so dang hard.  She went and got the shovel by herself and carried it with her friend Tarin DeLong.  She ended up leaving the rodent back in this spot and to our surprise (not) it was gone the next day.  I can't believe she had the guts to carry it and want to bury it.  Yuck!Ok, so this next story is where I am wondering if my children have gone physco........  We have pet fish (or should I now say, had??).  The longest and biggest living fish that we have is a killer fish (at least we think he is the culprit of all the other fish who have died).  Lyndee has wanted to kill him for a long time and I keep telling her that we will just let him die naturally.  Well, it was taking too long so she decided to take things into her own hands.  Her friend Tarin and her made a plan to kill this fish one day when they were here playing.  Lyndee put the poor killer fish into a small bag with water, and then put it into a bowl.  I talked the girls into keeping it in the bowl for a day or so to see if it would die, but it didn't and Lynar put it back in the tank. 
Lo and Behold, within in a couple days our smaller fish (the last one left besides the big one) was found dead at the bottom of the tank (only bones showing).  It was interesting that it didn't float to the top and there was no flesh to it.  Lyndee was mad that the killer fish had struck again. 
About a week or so later, we were headed off to piano and Lyndee and Kate were up to something.  They got a bucket with water and got another baggie full of water, put the fish in it and put it in the bucket with some rags (trying to hide the baggie).  I dropped Lyndee off at piano and took Kate over to play with Tarin and Ella and their whole goal was to kill the fish.  Guess who ended up killing the fish???  Katelyn---she shook the bag and let the water out.  Lyndee had gotten to Katelyn and made Katelyn be the killer.  Isn't it great what older sibblings can do to the minds of younger kids? 
After Lyndee got done with piano she got to go help take care of the fish---they wanted to bury it (and deep in the ground).  They buried it in the DeLong's back yard (it would have been so much easier and faster to use the toilet or feed it to the dog like we suggested.)  I can't believe how they were so into killing the fish!  The girls were very excited about killing the fish.  Crazy!  What has gotten into my children???

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Haha! That is hilarious. I guess they wanted to see the bad guy punished.

Courtney said...

ha ha that is a great post! Your kids are awesome :)