Brooky has had a lump in her throat that has been growing quite fast the last month. Monday we went to an ENT, wednesday she got a ct scan and today we got the results that she has a cystic Hygroma. That is probably a word that you haven't heard of since it's not too common. I had never heard if it either. This is basically a benign cyst in the lymphatic system. Her cyst goes into the middle of her throat and not just on the outside. We have been referred to Arkansas childrens hospital in Little Rock where we were told that some of the best ENT surgeons were. I am hoping they get us in soon as it is very hard to watch the lump getting bigger.
Brooklyn is such a funny girl, always making people laugh and is very friendly. She did so good during the ct scan that I promised her a build-a-bear and donuts when she was finished. I didn't tell her about the IV that they had to put in her, but she was very brave and didn't cry at all. She loved getting her own build-a-bear and picking out clothes for it The doctor told us today that it will probably be a very extensive surgery to remove this in her neck. Please pray for her that it will stop growing and that surgery will go well. We are also hoping that our insurance will cover all of this. We have temporary insurance right now since Lynar was out of work for almost 3 months and his new job the insurance won't start until April 1st. We know that everything will work out according to god's will, but it is just scary to go through medical problems with your kids.
Friday, February 17, 2012
My baby girl.
Posted by Jen at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Aw, bless her heart. That thing is definitely bigger than when I was there. Hope everything works out OK!
oh my goodness! We will pray for sweet little Brooky and for you too. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
Prayers for Brooklyn commencing now! Glad you have been referred to great surgeons. Hope to see you all in April!
Oh Brooky. That is getting so big. We'll definitely keep her in our prayers.
Jenny, I just stumbled onto your blog for the first time and my heart goes out to you! How scary to deal with this (and compounded by the insurance issue....I can relate!) I will keep you & your beautiful daughter in my prayers and hope all is taken care of quickly and thouroughly so you can go back to the trivial everyday worries. Love from your cousin in Idaho...
Lauren
Post a Comment