The past few months I have been coaching lyndee's odyssey of the mind team. odyssey of the mind is a creative thinking competition that is world wide. The team started out with 7 kids, 5 girls and 2 boys, but it didn't take the 2 boys long to quit which left us with 5 hormonal girls (I mean that in a nicest way I can). The team worked many hours especially the last 2 weeks (thanks to my co-coach who really stepped up to help while I was helping Brooklyn). The team met at our house and built a vehicle out of a bike and scooter. They learned a lot abt power tools and building. It had to be all their idea. They then have to come up with an 8 min skit to perform with costumes and all.
There is also a spontaneous category where they are given a time limit and a problem to answer.
In both regional categories the team took 2nd place!!! This means that we will go to State competitions on march 31st which in Mayflower Arkansas! That is almost to Little Rock! I am so proud of Lyndee and her team. I will post more after all the competitions are over. If they come in 1st or 2nd in State, they will go to Worlds in Iowa!!! They do have potential!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Lyndee takes 2nd place
Posted by Jen at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Way to go Lyndee!!
Post a Comment