Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Katelyn with the writing award

Yeah! School is out in 2 days and that means award assembly time. I loved how our school did it this year and did individual grade level assemblies. I would rather go to the school separate times than to sit and listen forever to all the kids get called up that I frankly don't care about. Ok, that probably isn't the nicest thing, but it is true. 1st grade assembly was done in 30 min! Yeah! Another thing I loved is that they gave ALL the kids a medal to put around their neck for the accomplishment they did during the year. That will eliminate a lot of years from those that don't get a special award.
Katelyn was chosen at the beginning of the year to be an ambassador for her classroom. They choose 1 boy and 1 girl for this and for the whole year they are asked to help out new students who move in to feel welcome.
Katelyn also got the big year award of WRITING. She got her 1st academic trophy for this. She has been wanting one of these for years since Lyndee has a shelf full of them and I am sure that she will get another one at her assembly tomorrow!
I am so proud of Katelyn and can't believe she is done with 1st grade.

0 comments: