Since running my last 5 K on Labor Day I decided that I really enjoyed it and it gave me a really good reason to keep exercising......so I did it again! I ran in the Tour de Cure to help raise money for diabetes! Check out the website at http://www.nwatour.com/1.html This is the group that ran with me this time---my nephew Brandyn (who finished 9 minutes ahead of me---I don't know where he placed,but I know he did well..), Sister-in-law Jeni Young, Mackenzie Hatch, Tiffany Hatch, and in the back Nicole Bolinger, and Jeni's friend Diana.
I finished one full minute faster this time (35.34 minutes) than in the last run---amazing and I didn't walk at all---even up the steep hill.
This is a picture of Mackenzie, Tiffany and me after the race with our medals on. I really hate pictures of me after exercise, but oh well... I didn't get a picture with everyone else after the race like I should have, but the fewer pictures the better sometimes.
Check out what Lynar did the same day, makes the 5 K look too simple and not very tough.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Hooked on running 5 K's!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Whoa, you are amazing. I only run when things are on fire. :)
Exercise? What's that? :) You look great, Jen! I should start running in 5K's too. You go girl!
Jen, you are doing so good to keep up with it all. You look great. Tell Jeni she does, too. It is neat you can do such neat stuff together. I am so glad to see your successes like this. Keep up the good work.
Love ya
Mom Young
Jen, that's awesome. Way to go with your second 5k. How great for you and Jeni and Brandyn to run together too.
Post a Comment