Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Holidays are here!

I love this time of year. I love Halloween because I feel that it is the "kick-off" to the Holiday season. My girls love to dress up and I love to take them trick-or-treating! This year we went to the Rogers Goblin Parade where kids just go around the block of businesses and get candy from the stores sitting outside their store. Then we went around our neighborhood and with it being 70 degrees that day there were quite a few kids out. Katelyn made it halfway around the neighborhood, and then wanted to come home and hand out the candy. She sat on the front porch waiting for the kids to come up. I can't believe we actually ran out of candy this year! We should've started the Obama way of life by taking from all the other kids with lots of candy and give it to those with just a little in their basket!! LOL!!! I took Lyndee around the rest of the neighborhood to get more candy! Lyndee was a pioneer for halloween--thanks to Grandma Gerritsen for finding the costume and sending it to her. Lyndee has decided that she wants to live like a pioneer (for real!!). No electricity, no modern day convienences!! So.....Lynar pitched the tent that night and Lyndee, Katelyn and Lynar slept in our backyard in the small tent! They were so darn tired from trick-or-treating that they fell right to sleep and really enjoyed the "camping in our backyard" experience.

Saturday morning is when the true Holiday season hit our home. Lynar turned on the good old Christmas music first thing! It was fun to hear again the joy of Christmas! The trees are turning color and leaves are falling on the ground. What a beautiful sight it is!! I look forward to this Holiday season and wish that we could see all our family and friends!

(I'll post pictures of the girls in their costumes later!)

4 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Camping on Halloween night... see, that is why I love living in the southeast. :)

Jessie said...

How fun! I do miss the warmer weather.... I take it the pioneer thing only lasted that one night? :) Such a fun post! Can't wait to see pictures of your girls in their costumes!

vicki said...

I used to not care about the holidays but now that I have kids I just LOVE them and Halloween is my favorite. I am very excited for Christmas to get here as well. Can't wait to see the girls in their costumes.

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to hear Lyndee tell me about her pioneer costume. And about sleeping in the tent in the back yard. She is such a darling little sweetheart. She told me all about the doll she was sewing. So cute to hear about Katelyn sitting on the porch waiting for you. Wish I could down load some of those darling family photos.
Grama in Alton