Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm coming our way!!!

Wow, living out here in the midwest can be really exciting! There are huge ice storm warnings out and school has been cancelled early today (even though there is no ice on the roads yet). I went to Walmart for my weekly Monday morning shopping and it was a zoo. Tons of people packing their carts full of food it almost looked like the day before a big holiday, and not a Monday. I guess it's good for people to be prepared. On my way home it was raining and freezing on my windshield. I am excited (and prepared) for this ice storm. Good thing we have a generator, chain saw, (I had Lynar fill the gas jug up with gas today), and 72 hour kits.....I have no need to fear---just excited to see the ice on the trees! I love to see ice covered all over everything--it's actually very beautiful! If it's good enough I'll take pictures and post them later! For now, I think that I'll make some home-made soup and get some good movies ready to watch by the fire (now that sounds nice). I'm sure that school will be cancelled tomorrow and maybe Wednesday too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to know you will be safe. I hope all is well. And that you do not get cold. We have had snow here. Abou 4 feet of snow. But it melted down and more is coming tonight also.Hope to hear from you after.
Alton Granny

Jessica said...

So, I take it you're not picking up Alex for preschool in the morning? By the way, I went to Wal-Mart after school today and it was a mad house then too. And I saw half the ward there.