Friday, February 19, 2010

Growing girls...so fun!

I just have to blog about a couple things my girls have been doing this week!

Katelyn---
She is getting so grown up and has started to love to cook with me!  I absolutely love it!  Well, usually every morning I make Lyndee and Lynar sandwiches for their lunches.  This week, Katelyn has gotten up early enough to make the sandwiches---and dosen't want any help either.  I have to say she is good at making the peanut butter and jelly, and her ham sandwiches with pickles I'm sure Lyndee has loved (especially the stack of pickles on the sandwich--her ultimate favorite!).  It may take her 30 minutes to make 3 sandwiches (Lynar eats 2), but we are all proud of her for doing this!

Brooklyn---
Not such a big helper as Katelyn, but it does come with age!  I have to shut bathroom doors whenever I can to keep her out and keep her from unwinding the toilet paper.  Well, this week she got sneaky and was playing with one of Kate's hair clips and figured out how to open the doors using the hair clip.  She can't seem to figure out how to turn the nob, so she uses the credit card style to open doors....and is she ever proud of herself!!!  Dang- I think I was an older teenager before I figured out that credit cards would open a door.  I'd better keep an eye on her in the future!

Lyndee---
She is such a big helper with Brooklyn and is always willing (almost always) to carry or chase Brooklyn for me since it is getting harder for me to do.  So nice when your kids are getting to helpful ages---LOVE it!!!  Just can't wait until she can babysit for us at night when we go out!!! 

2 comments:

Laura said...

sneaky! so cute

Sylvia said...

Jen, I love to hear the ways your girls are growing up it is so precious. Thank you for sharing. You are such a sensitive mother. You can report their newest accomplishments so well. I love to hear the new ways they are learning and helping. Growing up......