Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas cooking

I love this time of year, especially making all the goodies and treats with my kids for our friends.  (Although, I'm at a point right now that I don't want to see any more sweets!).  I thought that this was so cute of brooklyn.  She took the wooden spoon that I had stirred some chocolate with and ran away with it licking it.  She was in heaven.  She really has loved this season so much!  Her favorite thing is seeing snowmen, she'll say, "man", it is so dang cute!
So...I decided to make a snowman cake!!!  I did not let it cool all the way before frosting it, so it became a "melting snowman".  I'll try again next year and know that is takes much longer to cook like this, and much longer to cool! 

One of our favorite family traditions is to take our treats around to friends in the area and carol to them.....this is not just any caroling though.....we've got an accordian player who accompanies us!  Lynar will play jingle bells and we all sing.  Everyone gets a kick out of it and we all have so much fun.  Every year I keep saying that I'm going to get a video of Lynar and the girls and post it so that those we don't make it to, or don't live close can get a little taste of it.  Just to give you an idea of the work it takes out here with all our friends spread so far apart.....We left at 6pm, and got back at 9pm and only saw 12 friends.  Many more were on our list, but the driving, getting out of the van, buckling and unbuckling kids in car seats, and many people wanting to hear or know more about the accordian takes a lot of time.  We only could handle one night this year.....which luckily was a mild jacket weather night thank goodness!!!

This was at Deryn and Jeni's house and Brooks was just waiting to taste the snowman!

3 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

The snowman still looks pretty awesome. I think I knew that Lynar played the accordion, but I forgot. That would definitely be cool to see a video!

Sylvia Young said...

I was wondering if you still did the caroling part with the accordion. So glad that you do. It looks like you did just fine with the snowman and our little Brooklyn could win my heart with that darling face. Sounds like a happy time at your house. Happy New Year

ben in brazil said...

Loved the snowman -you are so much fun!!!