Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Big 5 Princess!!!

Katelyn is officially 5!  We celebrated with a big prince and princess birthday party!  Below is the picture of all her friends and her two "helpers" (Lyndee and Kylie, who Katelyn told that they could be the castle maid and cooks....they helped me a ton) who came to the party!  She had a whopping 13 friends come, 6 boys and 7 girls.  I think that they all had a fun time!  We started off the party decorating crowns and either wands or shields.  2 games of pass the poison apple, and of course the pinata was a hit!  Front row: Ella, Jake, Greg, Megan
Middle row:  Gorden, Spencer, Addison, Molly,
Back row: Alex, Lyndee, Parker, Kate, Katelyn, Kyla, Sydney, Kylie


The cake was definately a hit....well, of course most of the kids never eat the cake, but they all thought it was pretty cool.  Thanks to my friend Jessica who taught me how to make fondant to cover the cake!  Katelyn placed the princesses on and the 5 wands.  The towers were ice cream cones dipped in white chocolate.  I am pretty pleased that a cake I made actually turned out!!!


Present time was one of her favorites....of course!  She got a lot of fun presents from all her friends.  The whole party I had kids asking me when we were going to have cake and when were we going to open presents.  Present time was a little crazy with all the kids crowded around her, but very fun for all!
The Decorations taken the night before!  Again, Thanks Jessica for coming and helping me put these up!  Lynar is in China and being big and pregnant it was going to be real hard on my own.  Katelyn really wanted to wake up to a decorated house, so I did what we could to make the house special for her! 


Pink and purple tulle covered the light in the dinning room and drapped over the kitchen table.
The castle back drop.  I took pictures of all the kids in front of this and then all of the girls individually with their wands and crowns.  My plan is to print the pictures and give it to the kids for thank you cards.  The boys got their picture taken in front of the Knight which was on the front door.
I can't believe my Kate is 5!  She has grown and matured so much the last couple of months.  She is such a great helper and loves to help entertain and make Brooklyn happy.  She is excited for a new baby in the family!  Katelyn loves to color and play with barbies and ponies.  We love our special Katelyn.....HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful day for Katelyn. Jen, you are a jewel. I love the way you make birthdays so special. This was neat to see all you did for her. So happy she can know how glad we all are that she is part of our family. She is one special girl. Hope her Mom is doing great still.

Lovely Lisa said...

Happy birthday, Katelyn! Five is the best. I remember having an awesome party at that age, too.