Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Busy Day with Good and Not so Good

Yesturday was one of those days that we just ran from one place from the other. 

First Stop:  OBGYN:
Good:  Baby sounds great, maybe a big growth spurt because I'm measuring 30 weeks at only 28.  Only 4 pound weight gain (good for me!)
Not so Good:  Blood sugar after the one hour test was 195!!!  OUCH!!!  Now I've got to find a morning and go do the 3 hour test where they take my blood 4 times.  Had to do this with my last two pregnancy's, but in the end it came out fine....we'll see on this one.

Second Stop:   DENTIST:
Good:  Katelyn and Lyndee have NO cavities!  They haven't ever had cavities!!!  Katelyn went to a regular dentist for the first time and did wonderful. 
Not so Good:  I need to take Katelyn to the orthodontist to consult about her underbite.  We've known for years that we should fix it and have been recommended to fix it early and some people have said to wait so it dosen't go back to the underbite when she is growing.  Any experiences anyone could share with us??  I've got 2 consult visits (thankgoodness they are FREE!), but they just are long appts.


Third Stop:   AIRPORT:
Great!  We picked Lynar up from the airport after being gone for 2 weeks.  He was in China most of the time and the last few days he was in Chicago at the Housewares Show.  He was able to go to Church with our good friends the Smiths who moved from our ward last summer.  So glad to have him home!
Not so Good:  He was really tired all afternoon....still has bad jetlag!  Also we both realized that our bed is much smaller (after sleeping alone for two weeks, then sharing again) there just isn't that much room in a queen bed....especially with a pregant woman.  Lynar woke up at 4:45 and I don't think he was able to get back to sleep....he went to the gym early.  He is also not used to all the noise in the house.  When he gets home from trips he has to get used to the increased volume of kids....Hotel rooms are very quiet and he gets used to that.  We will all adjust....hopefully Lynar will adjust out of jetlag soon!  It usually takes a week. 

3 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I can't claim any expertise in orthodontics, but I can tell you that my bite has been off for most of my life. It's not really an underbite or an overbite... my teeth just sort of come right together. It wears down my teeth in several unnatural places and is a big factor in my hot/cold sensitivity.

So I guess my point is that it's better to take care of any problems she might have with her bite NOW. Because I don't know what they could even do for me now that wouldn't cost a small fortune and hurt like crazy. Just a thought.

Hope Lynar recovers from his jetlag soon! That's gotta be rough.

Courtney said...

If you need me to watch Brooklyn or Katelyn while you go to the doctor for 3 hours, let me know b/c I am more than willing!

Sylvia said...

Sounds like life in Lowell is popping. So glad to have Lynar back in USA. I hope his trip was productive. Jen you seem to just handle it all so well. The little girls seem to keep life going Hope the parents are doing pretty ok by now. So good to get an update. Love ya