Katelyn has been really emotional lately and sad about friends. We've really discussed how friends change over the years all the time an her friends now may not be the same in a few years as girls change or move away. She always likes o hear stories, so I told her about my best friend in 2nd and 3rd grade was not my friend in high school. Kate kept asking me questions on why and I told her that our friends change due to different things. She continued to ask about my friend and I told her that my 3rd grade friend ended up making bad choices and had a baby in high school and I haven't talked to her since elementary school. Now Katelyn keeps questioning me how making bad choices can make someone have a baby. I've tried to keep it simple, but she wants to know more and more and more. I told her that we would discuss it later and she asked me again today. I am really going to have to give her more of where babies come from cause all my excuses as to why someone made bad choices and got pregnant is not enough. I know so many people tell their kids at age 8, and I know we were getting close, but time is here. Wish me luck! She will be 8 in just over a month. I can't believe how time flies so quickly!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Haha! I get lots of questions from the kids, just because they're curious about our new little one. Of course it would be Kate to ask those questions at 8. Have fun with that talk!
Post a Comment