We practically spent every day in a different city. Our first stop was to New York City. Like I said in the earlier blogg we arrived at our hotel at 4 am. Lyndee was really wanting to try to go and be on TV on the Today Show, but we slept until almost 8:45 am and so we didn't get into the city until 10:30 or so. We rode the double decker bus to get around which was a lot of fun. This picture of the empire state building was taken while we were on the top of the double decker bus. We were able to see a lot of the city in the few short hours we were in New York City.
One of the top "to do's" on our list was to walk on the Brooklyn Bridge since we have Brooklyn in our family now. The girls that that this was so cool. It was a long walk. We walked about 5 miles that day and Lyndee was the biggest trooper and walked most of it. She was able to get on the stroller for a little bit. We have a double sit or stand stroller which was a life savor in NYC. We walked all the way to the first domes that you see in this picture.
This is a picture taken while we were on the Brooklyn Bridge looking at NYC. It was such an amazing city to see. Glad we don't live around here though. We did have to drive through Manhatton on our way to the hotel in the middle of the night in our rental car and got lost. In fact, our whole trip we got used to getting lost quite often, at least once a day. Wrong turns and missed signs and poorly marked places made it difficult for us.
We wanted to go out to the statue of Liberty, but this is as close as we got to it. We didn't have the 2 hours that it would've taken for us to take the ferry out to see it. It looked a lot closer in person than it does in this picture. We all got NYC hats. Lyndee and Katelyn are in their matching Switzerland shirts as well.
Lady Liberty!!! We wish we would've gotten more pictures in NYC, but we were trying to keep 3 kids in a tight hold and not loose sight of them. We loved NYC and would love to go back when we have more than 8 hours to spend. Lyndee and Katelyn's highlight of the day is when we stopped at American Girl Doll Store--4 floors of dolls!!! What a girl heaven!!! Sorry Lynar, It's what you get for having 3 girls!!! I'll post pictures of their new dolls in another post.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
New York City
Posted by Jen at 9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sweet! I've only been there once (not counting a layover there this summer) and didn't get to see half the things you saw.
I know Olivia would LOVE the American Girl store--I stopped in on my last trip to NYC and I loved it too! I want to take my kids there... someday when I have lots of money I'll do it :). Great photos!
I love the American Girl dolls. I so wanted to get them for my girls. But it didn't. So glad things all worked out for you. Love pics
Grama Young
Post a Comment