Sunday, May 3, 2009

Like her big sisters!

Brooklyn is now 13 months old and doing more and more like her older sisters. I've found her a couple times lately with a pen and paper in her hands trying to write just like her sisters. She is just getting more fun every day. Brooklyn will laugh when she hears anyone else laugh. Playing with her sisters is a highlight for her. We haven't figured out why Brooklyn likes to crawl during the day and after dinner it is all walking time for her. She just popped her 5th tooth out today and is happy again. This past month she weighed in at a whopping 19 pounds 5 ounces and is only in the 25th percentile for her height (she's taking after me in the height thing), and 75th percentile for her head (we knew her head is bigger than her body). She stopped nursing a couple weeks ago and I don't think she even noticed! Good thing! She does love her lactose free milk in her sippy cup and drinks half a gallon every two days. We took her to an allergist a couple weeks ago and she is not allergic to the foods they tested her for, but they can't test her for intolerance (like lactose intolerance). We just know that she has a lot of food intolerance due to her reactions (throwing up) when she eats certain foods.....so hopefully she'll outgrown them. For now, it is fruits, veggies, meats and gluten free foods!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Fun! I'm jealous that Brookie will drink milk. I still can't get Elisa to take more than a sip...I don't know if I'll ever get her weaned!

That's hilarious that she won't walk during the day...

Torrie Young said...

So cute she's copying what her sisters do. I hope Charlotte's weaning goes as smoothly. Do you think she's celiac?

Sylvia said...

It is good to hear the new things Brooklyn is doing now. Thanks for sharing. She sounds like she is trying to be sneaky about her walking. Lots of teeth for a little one like her. She is precious. Fun post, Jen. Is Lynar back in China, I wonder?

Lovely Lisa said...

Thanks for the update! She is way cute. Maybe she will grow out of the allergies. I don't think they ever had me tested for lactose intolerance, but my mama had me on goat's milk until I started kindergarten because I had such a hard time with cow's milk. But I can drink it just fine now.