Sunday, May 17, 2009

Typical May Saturday

I just had to throw this picture in there to show how much Lyndee's chicks have grown. We had to give them last night to our neighbor's grandma who has a bunch of chickens already. As you can see they are no longer chicks, but chickens. They spent the Saturday pecking around the yard. It was fun, but we just couldn't keep them. Lyndee shed a few tears after they left.

Lynar mowed the lawn, then aerated our lawn and 2 of our neighbors.

Lyndee was picking all the weeds in the garden so that we can get ready to plant the garden. She is a dang good weed puller! We doubled our garden size this year. We bought a truck load of dirt and tilled up the spot. Yeah! Can't wait to plant now.


Katelyn played so hard she fell asleep and slept for almost 3 hours. I think that she is going through a growth spurt cause she is taking long naps every day.



I found Brooklyn on the front porch coloring. She loves to color just like her big sister Katelyn.




8 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Looks like Lyndee is already inheriting the Young work ethic. Yaay for gardens! We're hoping to do something this year, although we're limited by the size (or lack thereof) or our yard.

Laura said...

Family fun! So, we're looking at flights to Arkansas. Which airport is best to come to?? Where are these great deals you've talked about? love you guys.

Jen said...

The great deals are from Vegas and LA right to XNA (airport 15 minutes away), on Allegiant Air....although we use Tulsa, OK a lot also. You can try Southwest as well. That would be so fun to have you guys come out!

vicki said...

I would like to get my kids to work like Lyndee does!

Nicole Bolinger said...

Hey! Looks like business aournd the Young house! Sorry I missed the PC party the other night at Jessica's! I completely forgot and I don't check my hotmail account every day! hope it went well! We should get together soon. Brooklyn looks SO BIg!!!

Jen said...

I need to clarify on Lyndee working....she loves to pull weeds, but ask her to do anything else and she dosen't hear you. I'm just grateful she likes to pull weeds.

Amy said...

All the yard work looks fun.:)

I don't think I ever commented on Lyndee's party...looked like a lot of fun. Great cake too.

Torrie Young said...

Wow! You all get lots accomplished for a typical Saturday. I love that Brooklyn is coloring with chalk, she's such a big girl. I'll have to try that with Charlotte.