Lyndee is really into Pioneers....so....she wanted a pioneer party for her 8th birthday. She had all her friends dress up like pioneers.

This was the best I could do....a bonnet cake.

Lyndee is into everything homemade. I made some dough and the girls made their own individual pizzas. I think that I gave them too much dough though---they all had huge pizzas that they couldn't eat. I think the girls had fun making and eating them.

Lynar broke out the accordian and the girls danced in their dresses as Lynar played. They all thought that was pretty cool. Lynar also tried to teach the girls how to braid rope (6-8 strands), some girls caught on and some were more interested in playing. Thanks Lynar for being such a patient guy with a household of 9 girls that night!

Lyndee wanted baby chicks for her birthday, so that is what she got. These chicks had hatched at her school in a kindergarten room and the teacher was nice to give us 2 of them. The girls at the party had a lot of fun with the chicks. Now that the chicks are two weeks old they are getting bigger every day. They eat a lot and keep growing out of the box we put them in. Don't ask me what we will do with them in a couple more weeks.
Lynar and I are very impressed with how smoothly the sleepover went. We turned on a movie about 10 pm (Kit Kitredge, our family favorite) and the girls went to sleep as soon as it was over around 11:30, of course they were up before 7 the next morning. Lyndee wanted to try Johnny cake for breakfast....so we made it....good thing that I made eggs to go along with it. The Johnny cake was not a big hit! Lyndee was surprised how dry and not tasty it was and kept asking why Laura Ingalls liked it so much!
4 comments:
You are the most awesome mom EVER! Sounds like a lot of work and creativity. Good thing you've got the pics to document if for one of those days when she's a teenager and saying you don't understand/like/love her. Oh YES YOU DO! Way to go mom!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNDEE!
She is my kind of girl. I loooooved (and still love) the Little House books. One year for Mother's Day, I checked out a Little House cookbook from the library and copied nearly the whole thing--by hand-- for my mom. I wanted to try some of those recipes too. :)
This is great Jen! I kinda wish i could have come because it sounds like you all has so much fun! I love that is was so different from the norm and just what Lyndee wanted!!!!
What a great birthday idea! Sophie has read almost all of the Little House books and loves all of that too.
Post a Comment