Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lyndee's Baptism Day!

Before Baptism pictures. Lyndee had two white dresses, one for church and after the baptism, and then the one for the actual baptism.

















Lyndee got baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints on Sunday June 7, 2009. It was such a great day for her and our family. She had all her grandparents here visiting and her Uncle Travis and cousin Jacob came in from Utah to surprise her. She also had her Uncle Deryn and Aunt Jeni and their boys, along with third cousins the Brooksby's there.
Lyndee really wanted to be baptized in Utah so that she could have more family and lots of people at her baptism, so when we decided to baptize her in Arkansas we told her that we would make it special and invite all that she wanted to come. And we invited many people and more importantly....They Came!!! We were so pleased and happy with the support that she got! Thank you so much to all that came! Lyndee fasted that day that she would have a great day!
Lyndee was the happiest little girl! After the baptism she was so excited she changed as quickly as she could and ran out of the bathroom into the chapel....before mom could pick up her wet clothes and long before dad could change. During the talk of the Holy Ghost she was helping her Uncle Travis finish what he was saying and couldn't hold in her excitement. Afterwards she hugged everyone that came at least once---some got 2-3 hugs! She kept saying "I did it! I did it! I got baptized! I've waited my whole life for this and I did it!" (very excited) On the way home she kept saying how her face hurt from smiling so much and that she just couldn't quit smiling. We are so proud of her and the decision she has made! She is such a great daughter to have and trying super hard to keep the commandments and do what is right!
Afterwards we had lots of food and lots of people at our house! It was so fun, I just wish I would have taken pictures of her friends that came to support her that day! Oh-well, we have great memories! Thank you all for coming! It was wonderful!
Thanks also to all those who participated in her program. Brandyn Young (her cousin gave a talk on Baptism), the girls in our ward around her age sang, her Uncle Travis gave a talk on Holy Ghost and grandparents also participated in prayers and playing piano. What a great day!
Lyndee, We Love you!



8 comments:

vicki said...

I can't believe she's already 8 years old. They grow so fast. What a lovely day for your family!

Char said...

Congrats Lyndee!! We are so proud of you. Wish we could have been there and we can't wait till this summer when you guys come out.

Benjamin Gerritsen said...

We are so happy for Lyndee! She looks beautiful! We wish we could have been there!

Lisa R.D. said...

Congratulations! What a fun surprise for Travis and Jacob to come out. It's so exciting that our daughters have taken such and important step... and that they were so excited about it. I love her dresses!

Lovely Lisa said...

Dang, she is growing up so fast. I remember when she was born. Congrats, Lyndee!

Chamberlains said...

That is so awesome! I can't believe you have an 8 yr old. She sounds like a real joy. Did you make her baptism (actual) dress?

Amy said...

Congratulations Lyndee! We are so proud of you! We wish we could have been there! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Lyndee, what a special girl you are. What a special time of you life. What a special baptism you had. What a special meaning it gave to all of us to participate and to witness your happiness. Love you so much, our grown up little girl.
Grama Young