Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hong Kong LDS Temple

We were able to go to Hong Kong for a quick day trip.  We took a 3 hour ferry from Guang Dong to Hong Kong.  I wish that we could have taken pictures from the ferry, but I was amazed at Hong Kong as we came in on the ferry.  Coolest thing I've seen in a long time.  We took a taxi to the LDS Hong Kong Temple to see it.  We didn't have time to do a session, but it was really neat to see.This picture of when it was erected is really neat because my Grandad dedicated this temple in 1996 with President Hinkley.  I wish I had the picture of him next to this sign on the temple. 
It is such a beautiful temple right in the middle of a busy city.  This is not what you expect, but very cool to see.  The subway is just down the street and tall buildings right next to it.  The temple grounds are amazing for such small space.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Beautiful temple! Your trip looks amazing!

Lovely Lisa said...

Didn't Pres. Hinckley have a dream about that temple and that's why they built it that way? It's very pretty!