My first day in China we went to breakfast at the hotel. Being a little nervous about the food from what I had heard, I ate a lot of breakfast. It was a buffet that had a lot of food options...although the first line of food that I saw was noodles, rice, vegetables, and soup. I was worried until I saw that there was a chef making omlet's fresh and you could pick your ingredients. Awesome! I love Omlets! Come to find out after I got a few things, they had a ton more options. Lots of fresh bread that was wonderful! We ate up! All our breakfasts had great food, but always with those same noodles, and steamed vegetables. My favorite places had steamed sugar snap peas! Yum!
Lynar then went to work and I went to bed. Couple of hours later, Lynar picks me up and we went to Mission Hills Golf Course. This is the golf course that the World Cup will be played on Thanksgiving Day! It was so beautiful there. I had no idea there were such pretty mountains in south China. It was so green and pretty.
I learned to use chop sticks pretty good. The first few meals the waiter would bring me and only me a fork and a knife. I guess I looked pretty bad at first!
The Chinese like their food fresh. My very favorite was some cucumbers that they said was flown in from Northern China every day. It was the best cucumbers I've had ever! They had a semi-spicy sauce that you could dip them in that was wonderful as well.
This is a picture of one of our last meals in China. It's hard to tell what it is with all the sauce, but it's a fish with it's head, tail, and fins still on. Moments before this was brought out, the waiter came out to our table with a bucket and in the bucket was a fish that was very much alive. The waiter just wanted to make sure that this was the right fish that we wanted. Never seen that before! We ate a lot of good fish! This one tasted really good.
The Chinese keep the head on everything. These ducks were hanging in a fast food window. The one on the right looked like the one we ate at our first meal. They seem to eat a lot of duck.





1 comments:
OK, so I couldn't help it. I totally thought of the scene from "A Christmas Story" when you were talking about the duck. LOL! Go here if you haven't seen it. :)
Sounds like you had a lot of yummy food! The golf course is beautiful.
Post a Comment