Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hong Kong

This is Hong Kong---blows New York City out of the water in my opinion.  (New York City on Steriods!)  All the major cities in China have tons of tall buildings....never ending.  A very packed city that I wish I had more time to visit.  These pictures were taken from a building (shopping place) at the top of a mountain peak.  Below are the escalators that we kept riding up to get higher and higher.  We took a special tram to get up the steep hill to get to this building, then on our way down we took a taxi down the switch back road.  Hong Kong is definately the place to visit.
After Hong Kong we took another ferry to Shenzhen China where we were going to fly back to Shanghi later that night.  We had time to stop and see some friends from our ward that are living there now, the Lysenko's.  It was a lot of fun to see where they are living and I was amazed at how safe it was for the kids. We were able to have dinner with them and then had some time for a manicure and pedicure (yes, even Lynar joined me in it, but wouldn't let me take a picture of it!).  I think he kind of enjoyed getting his feet and nails all fixed up....he'll never admit it to you though! 

In Shanghi I did a lot of shopping!  It is kind of like shopping in Mexico if you've ever done that.  Kind of fun.  We did get some awesome massages...the best being the 80 minute foot massage for about $8.  It was not only a foot massage though, they did the head, neck, back, legs and all.  We also got full body massages which was good until they pushed on some of my sinus cavity's in my face a little too much.  We left to fly home the day after and I think a combination of things I came home with a terrible sinus infection.  Next time I get a full body the face is off limits.

We had a great time and my kids did wonderful with Grandma here with them.  I don't recommend coming home and having jet lag, morning sickness, and a terrible sinus infection.  I was flat in bed for 4 days and had a 1-2 week recovery period.  I missed most of Halloween with my kids which I was really bumbed about, but next year I'll make up for it.

2 comments:

Mandie said...

What is this "morning sickness" business all about?? Did I miss an earlier post. Shoot me an email.

Lovely Lisa said...

Bradley's dad served his mission in Hong Kong-- maybe you already knew that, though. Sounds like you had fun! And yes, I think you missed making an announcement concerning the morning sickness. ;)