Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brooklyn turns 2!!!


Brooklyn turned 2 at the beginning of the month.  Since she was still stuck on birthday's (Katelyn's a few weeks earlier), she was ready for this!!  We decorated the house and put up balloons, so when she woke up it was exciting for her!  We asked her how old she was and she said "2".  The next morning when she woke up, decorations were still up and I asked her again how old she was and she said, "3".  Now, she thinks she's 3 a lot of the time.  She really tries to do everything her older sisters do and more.  She definately has the terrible 2 tantrum down though!
Amazingly my cake somewhat turned out.  It was my first time to make the fondant frosting on my own.  It took me a little longer than it should have....but I saved it.  Brooky is obsessed with Dora!
She did pretty good blowing out her own candle! 

Opening presents was also a highlight.  Being the 3rd girl though, I have to admit she did not get or need a lot. 
I usually have had big parties for my kids when they have birthdays, but I decided against having a party this year for Brooklyn.  It is getting more fun with having older siblings that really enjoy celebrating.  It was just a perfect day!

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

i hope that taking some of the pictures from your albums is ok. I just had to have some of them in my photo gallery. They are so precious. I love the kisses the birthday girl gave her Daddy. So sweet. Her sisters are her best friends, they seem to play together so well. That is great. Only wish we could have seen the Mommy who put the party and presents all together. Great lady. Lots of work. You really make a happy home, don't you? Love it