Beginning of Spring Break 2010 we had almost 12 inches of snow fall in 24 hours. Record breaking snow for this area! We've never seen this much snow in Arkansas! We had sacrament meeting on that Sunday and then we sent home since the roads were so bad and a lot of people didn't make it out. Most wards cancelled their meetings that day, so I'm glad we at least got to get out of the house for a couple of hours.
These pictures were taken after the snow started melting the next day. Brooklyn loves to eat the snow!
I am sad that next year she won't be able to wear this cute snow outfit! Anyone want it???
Tuesday, we went to the Jones Center for Families and got to meet a bunch of PBS Charactors that the girls love!!! PBS is our favorite channel to watch and has such good educational programing for kids! They interviewed me on camera and then gave us all shirts. Lyndee told some ladies how her sisters watched all the time and her youngest sister knew her alphabet from the shows. We'll have to get Brooklyn on camera to show how well she knows her letters---it really is amazing. Super Why and Word World really help!!!
I just love Sid the Science Kid. If you haven't watched it with your kids, you need to do so. My favorite part....and it's in every show, is when his mom is taking him to school and he sings this song that says,
"I love my mom, my mom is cool!"
Sorry for the sidewards pictures....I took them with my cell phone and I couldn't get them to change around. I'll have to work on it and re-put them in.
On Wednesday we went to a play put on at the Walton Arts Center with Nickolodeon. Dora was the girls favorite part! There were 2 other Nickolodeon shows that they did in the play, but since we don't have the channel we weren't famaliar with them.
The rest of the week we played outside (notice the snow was gone by Tuesday and it sure did a lot of raining that week. The grass was really wet, but we rode bikes when it wasn't pooring. Dad went to a scout (Woodbadge Training) and so he was gone from Thursday to Saturday that week.







1 comments:
It seems like the girls in the family enjoy the PBS and watch it together. That is so neat. I stole some more pictures. Thanks for sharing. Spring break is the best because of all the changes and fun things you do.
Post a Comment