We made our first trip with 4 kids to Walmart last night and might I just say it was a bit of a disaster!!!
Our plan was to divide and conquer and get done fast, so I took 2 kids and Lynar took 2 kids and then I went to do my returns and then get personal items, and he took his cart to look at his trash cans (which he sells into Walmart...this is always a stop everytime we go to Walmart to check on his bins).
Well, I was buying lotion for the baby and while I was down that isle, Brooklyn got some soap off the shelf and was trying to open it and pour it out (while sitting on the floor). Lyndee was with me and since I am still recovering from the c-section and can't bend over much, I had Lyndee take the soap from her and put it back on the shelf before we had a really big mess on our hands. (Brooklyn's favorite thing to do at home lately is to get soap and rub it all over her body.....she's been extra clean though) That did not go over with Brooklyn very well.......she started the BIGGEST tantrum right there in the middle of the isle. Face down licking and slobbering and yelling on the floor, kicking her feet. I had Lyndee help me again lift her up and we both managed to get her screaming in the cart. The yelling did not stop there, she just kept yelling and kicking in the cart....it was very loud and we made a huge sceen. I thought that I would hurry down to the trash cans and look for Lynar. Going down a major isle with everyone LAUGHING at us, Lyndee and I could not help but laugh a little at Brooklyn as well (since there was no stopping her). Lynar had already left the trash can section and was looking for me in Grocery, so I called him and got him to head back to see if he could calm Brooklyn down, he just needed to follow the sound to find us (I just wanted to hide in a small isle at this point)! She did calm down when he got there....thank goodness!!!
Now Lynar was in charge of Brooklyn and I had taken the baby. We went into the baby section and I turned around and Lynar was there, but no Brooklyn. I asked him where she was and he surprisingly wasn't sure! OH, that must be her, the one screaming somewhere in the store!!! Yep, she finally wondered off and got lost...we knew that day would happen. Do we get any great parent awards yet???
Next, we were rushing at this point through the grocery section to get the basics that we needed and Joseph decided to wake up and scream! He is a really good baby.....except for when he decides he's hungry! It is almost like a switch is turned on and it is as loud as it goes. So, now I am pushing a different cart with a different kid in it screaming....very loud. I put all my items in Lynar's cart and so he could check out and I could go out to the car to feed him. As I was walking out there were some of the same people walking out who saw me with Brooklyn and they were laughing....I just wonder what they were thinking seeing me with a different kid screaming!!
Oh, the fun shopping trips and memories!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Disastrous trip to Walmart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh dear, I have forgotten some of the joys of raising kids. It does get easer, I promis.
Post a Comment