Yep, tomorrow is officially "D" day for me...Delivery Day for our new baby boy. It is very weird that in about 11 hours from now the baby will be born and I will be recovering from surgery. I don't know if I'll ever be ready for the surgery part, but I am sure glad that the baby will be here.
I have saved this blog from a lot of hormonal posts---which I always intended to write, but never got the chance to do it. I thought that I would put some of my memories down before they all wash away (well.....or tame down).
Things that I will MISS about being pregnant........
I've thought long and hard on this one, and frankly after 4 pregnancy's the list is pretty short!
- Not worrying about my "love handles"
- Eating a little more than normal
- Excuses for not being able to do certain things.....although I end up doing those things in the end
- Bumping my belly "softly" on my girls to push them a little.....Brooklyn is just the right height and she thought it was kind of fun!
- Eating ice cream every night before bed!!!
- Feeling the baby's movements (to an extent)....this little guy can sure move and kick...so this goes on both my lists
Things that I will NOT MISS about being pregnant.........
This could be very long, but I'll just give the major ones!
- Visiting the bathroom every hour or so
- Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom....many times it is every hour!
- Not being able to squeeze between chairs or other things
- Not being able to bend over as easy and do normal every day things.
- Walking slowly
- Braxton Hicks......I wish they did some good, but having them regularly is not fun
- Going to bed so tired and the baby deciding that he needs to flip and kick for at least 30 minutes to keep me awake
- EVERYONE staring at my belly......I did not enjoy going to church the last few weeks because you can just see everyone's eyes go straight to my belly and then they say something like, "You're still here", or "I bet your ready to have that baby", or something like that.
- Not being a full functioning mom to my 3 girls
- Trying to lean over a sink to wash my hands and my belly won't let me reach, so I have to stand side ways to reach soap and the water
- Checking my blood sugar 4 times a day, and having people not understand what gestational diabetes really is.....it really isn't bad if you can keep it under control (which I was able to do)
- NOT FEELING NORMAL
- EARLY PREGNANCY NAUSEA AND VOMITING........
- Being very exhausted!!!
Wish me luck in the dreaded C-Section in the morning.....which I am not really looking forward to. I need them just to knock me out and wake me up when I'm all better. I am not looking forward to all the after healing and still not being able to bend over and do things for a few weeks.




2 comments:
Good luck!!! Everything will go perfectly and you will have a sweet baby boy!! So excited for you guys!
I'm 5 weeks postpartum and still tender. I'm not in love with c-sections either. At least we get something so worthwhile in the end. I agree with you on your lists. Part of me is still a little sad to not be pregnant. Even though it comes with so many discomforts, there's still something so magical about what's taking place. Good luck with healing and your new little one!
Post a Comment