Today I let Lyndee skip school. Yep....never thought I would do something like that, but I did. It was kind of planned, well, half the day was planned to skip.
Lyndee's class went on a field trip to the movie theater to see the movie Oceans. Lyndee did not want to go (since she still gets too emotionally involved in movies) and I was totally ok with saving the $8 that she needed to pay to go! I didn't think that she needed to go hang out at school by herself, so I told her she could stay home for the morning. Her teacher never emailed me back to tell me what time they would be getting back to school....so we just didn't go back. Also, I didn't think that Lyndee needed to hear everyone talk about the movie and why she didn't go.
I have to admit that it was so wonderful to not have to get her up and ready and out the door by 7:30! We may just do this again before the end of the year....at least on the day the baby is born...if not sooner!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Skippin' School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I firmly believe Moms know what is best for their kids. They have a special pipeline to the One who knows the very best about them. I think you know Lyndee really well. I hope you had a wonderful day together.
Post a Comment