Katelyn got her kindergarten shots last week.....this is what she ended up with.....
For all those moms, this is not on the side effects or adverse reactions that they tell you about, but it is very common reaction (according to what the nurse from my doctor's office said), to the DTaP shot, which is the 5th shot of this kind. It took 4 days for it to go down, after it kept getting bigger and bigger....as you see the pen marks that we kept making. It itched really bad, but did not hurt or do any harm. I was told it was the Pertusis in the shot that made the reaction, but Pertusis is starting to be seen again and so you really need to be careful!
Katelyn is a tough kid! She kept ice on it also to help the swelling go down.




4 comments:
Wow, I had no idea a shot could do that! Hope she's feeling better now. As bad as it looks, I would think it'd be worse to have pertussis.
Holy cow.... Im glad it went down and that it didn't hurt at all... it cdertainly doesn't look good!
Yikes! Sorry Katelyn! No fun.
Hope all is well by now. The only thing I found in the shots we did have was that the serums were ineffective. Reactions are different sometimes.
Post a Comment