Monday, August 10, 2009

4,340 miles in 3 weeks!

We just got home from a 3 week vacation to Utah (Wyoming and Arizona). I haven't had a chance to download pictures yet...I only have hundreds that I would like to post, but I will be making a lot of new posts to show all the fun things that we have done in the past few weeks. Lynar went to China again for work, so I drove out to Utah with the girls on July 19th. We drove to Kansas City to stay with a friend (Carin Christensen) the first night and then the girls had a blast playing with thier friends before we left. We drove to Cheyene Wyoming which was the longest stretch that we drove (9 1/2 hours) and then stayed in a hotel---the girls always love that! I have pictures and stories about the rest of the trip, so stay tuned---until I have a chance to get my camera and cords unpacked.

I was very grateful that Lynar was able to drive home with us. I enjoyed catching up on my blog reading with his I Phone.....wow....internet on the road...how wonderful!!! We went so many fun places and enjoyed seeing so many friends and family! It was a jam packed 3 weeks! The girls keep telling me their favorite part of the trip, and of course it changes with what they are thinking about!

I tripped the mileage counter when we left and when we got home it showed 4,340 miles. I am so grateful that our girls travel so well! It is also nice to get home and feel like we can maybe get into a routine (school starts next week for Lyndee). We'll just have to work on the bedtime. We were up late and slept late almost every day (isn't that what vacations are all about?).

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Can't wait to hear more about it!

Lisa R.D. said...

I'm so glad I got to see you for a brief moment... you guys fit so much into your trip! I'm sure it's to be home after so much fun.